- Please arrive at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s main entrance reception desk, located on Level G, to register and check-in at 7:30 pm. You will stay at the clinic until 6:00 or 7:00 am the following day, unless additional tests are required.
- A technologist will greet you at approximately 7:30 pm in the main lobby and accompany you to your assigned room on the 10th floor. It is important that you arrive on time!
- Please make sure to eat a meal before you arrive for your appointment.
Note: please call 800 8 CCAD (2223), extension 19064 for further information if required.
- Please make sure to take all of your evening medications (including medications you usually take after 7:00 pm) after dinner and before checking in for your appointment.
- No medications should be taken after you complete your check-in.
- No medications are allowed at bedside. You may only take your morning medications after you are discharged.
- Please discuss with the nurse if you are feeling sick or having acute pain on the day of your appointment.
- Please note that only male technologists treat patients during sleep studies.
- Please note that no companions are allowed in the room during the procedure.
- Please note that breakfast is not included.
THINGS TO AVOID
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolates and alcohol.
- Daytime sleeping or napping.
- Remove nail polish or artificial nails.
- Hair is free of oil, creams, lotions, hair spray, gel and other products.
- Do not wear makeup.
- No visitors allowed after 9:00 pm.
- No mobile phone usage during the procedure.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment.
- Eat your regular evening meal before you arrive. If you are diabetic require a snack at bedtime, you may bring a snack with you.
- Men’s moustaches and beards must be clean-shaven or neatly trimmed.
- Patients being dropped off for the overnight study should be picked up at the main lobby at 7:00 am.
THINGS TO BRING WITH YOU
- Emirates ID and Insurance card
- Comfortable sleepwear
- Positive Airway Pressure Therapy (CPAP/BILEVEL machine), PAP mask and headgear
It is extremely important to keep your scheduled appointment.
Please contact Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi at 800 8 CCAD (2223) if you need to cancel your appointment. To speak with a Sleep Technologist after hours (7 pm to 7 am), please call 800 8 CCAD (2223), extension 19064. For more information, please visit clevelandclinicabudhabi.ae.
© Copyright 2017 Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. All rights reserved.
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, part of Mubadala Healthcare, and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.