Eggs are high in protein and contain vitamins B2, B6 and D, as well as zinc and iron. Spinach is a great source of lutein, folate, potassium and fiber, which give your heart the boost that it needs.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- bunch spring onions, sliced
- 140g package baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in an oven-proof medium pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the spring onions and spinach and cook, stirring for approximately 4 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper to season; remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs, 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the egg mixture and feta to the oven-proof pan & stir to combine. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the frittata is set andthe top is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges to serve.