One of the basic ingredients in cheese is salt. The addition of salt prevents bacteria from growing, controls moisture, improves texture and enhances the taste. Cheeses naturally lower in salt include: emmental, mozzarella, ricotta and cottage cheese. When using a cheese such as halloumi with a higher salt content, you can soak the cheese in water to leach some of the salt.
- 15g rocket leaves
- 30g halloumi cheese
- 15g peeled and diced cucumber
- 2g fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 40g fresh watermelon (spheres)
- 20g healthy mint dressing
- 2-3 baby spinach leaves
- Peel, de-seed and dice the cucumber. Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and dice the halloumi cheese into cubes.
- Seep the diced halloumi in water for 3 minutes and drain; repeat the process four times to remove salt content.
- Scoop the watermelon into small spheres.
- Arrange the ingredients on a plate and drizzle with the healthy mint dressing. Garnish with fresh baby spinach.