Salmon is one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Regular intake of omega-3 fatty acids is associated with a decreased risk of numerous cardiovascular health problems including heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- 100g skinless salmon fillet
- 60g peeled asparagus
- 30g sliced green zucchini
- 30g sliced yellow zucchini
- 30g slow cooked Roma tomatoes
- 60g boiled chickpeas
- 5g fresh basil
- 2g fresh thyme
- 5g fresh tarragon
- 10g fresh parsley
- 1g salt
- 2g pepper
- 80ml healthy lemon vinaigrette
- Season the salmon with half the salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick pan, sear the salmon fillet on both sides until golden brown.
- Place the zucchini slices and the asparagus along with the salmon; cover with a lid until cooked.
- Remove the salmon and add boiled chickpeas to the pan.
- Add the rest of the salt, pepper and chopped thyme. Add 15ml of water and cook until water evaporates. Add the slow cooked Roma tomatoes.
- Puree the basil, parsley and tarragon into a fine paste.
- Warm the healthy lemon vinaigrette; remove from the heat and add the pureed herbs to it.
- Place the salmon on the vegetables, and the chickpeas on a plate. Drizzle the herb-lemon sauce around the edge.