Please follow these instructions carefully to ensure that your test results are accurate and reliable.
IMPORTANT: Please let a laboratory Caregiver know if you are taking antibiotics.
- Obtain a urine collection container from the outpatient laboratory and label it with your name, date of birth and date and time of collection.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water.
- Remove the lid from the collection container and place the container within easy reach.
- If you are not circumcised, the foreskin should be pulled back. Begin passing urine for about three seconds. Use your free hand to bring the container into the stream of the urine and collect about half a container of urine. Any remaining urine should be passed into the toilet.
- Secure the cap on the collection container firmly.
- Deliver the specimen to the outpatient laboratory IMMEDIATELY (within one hour) after collection. If the delivery is delayed, refrigerate the specimen.
© Copyright 2023 Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. All rights reserved.
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, part of Mubadala Healthcare, and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.