Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi caregivers conduct research studies and clinical trials to develop new healthcare options for a wide variety of medical conditions. The aim of the research programs is to speed up the development of new treatments, and to enhance medical care here in the UAE.
All of the research studies meet the standards of good clinical practice (GCP) and comply with strict rules set out by the Abu Dhabi Department of Health. Adherence to these policies and protocols ensures that participants are treated safely and ensures that the rights, integrity, and confidentiality of research participants are protected.
Prior to performing any research activities at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, investigators must obtain approval from the Research Ethics Committee (REC).
Research Team Support
The research nurses work across five domains: clinical practice, study management, coordination and continuity of patient care, patient advocacy and contributing to science.
- Clinical practice: Carrying out nursing responsibilities related to research, and providing teaching to patients and their families relating to the studies.
- Study management: Ensuring compliance with ICH Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and performing quality assurance to ensure data integrity, participating in study development, including study tools and case report forms (CRFs).
- Coordination and continuity of care: Coordinating patient study visits and scheduling study procedures according to protocol, answering patient inquiries and concerns.
- Patient advocacy: Facilitating the informed consent process and monitoring the conduct of human subjects research projects.
- Contributing to science: Serving as a resource to new investigators and other members of the study team.
The research department biostatician can assist in the development of research study designs, and is also able to develop and execute related statistical analysis plans.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi has also deployed research scholars in order to further stimulate clinical research activity. Research scholars are individuals who can range from masters and PhD students, to physician researchers, who join Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi for the sole purpose of linking internally with clinicians, and/or creating relationships with outside academic institutions to produce research projects and publications.
For any questions or to request information about research study collaboration opportunities, please email us at: