70% of the trainee’s pharmacy practice rotation schedule is dedicated to technical proficiency, learning medication use policies and distributive functions averages with emphasis on:
- Safe medication in the drug distribution system
- Sterile compounding services
- Controlled medication distribution
- Medication management and use policies
Clinical practice accounts for around 30% of the schedule, activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Journal Club
- Clinical Case of the Month
- Clinical Grand Rounds
- Continuing Education presentations
Trainees may also attend lectures, meetings and discussions, as approved by their mentor, and are given the opportunity to shadow pharmacists in areas they would like to explore.
Return to Practice trainees should commit to the full training period required by DOH in order to complete their Return to Practice requirements. All Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE) and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) requirements should be completed before the Return to Practice program.