This delicious breakfast bowl recipe combines some colorful and tasty ingredients for a nutritious start to your day.
Greek yogurt and quinoa are great sources of protein, and berries are packed with vitamin C, which can help provide protection from immune system deficiencies.
Both flax seed and almonds contain high levels of omega-3. These fatty acids are often associated with improving cholesterol and reducing risk of coronary heart disease. When shopping for flax seed, try opting for ground or milled varieties, as it’s easier for your body to digest and process the goodness.
Try this recipe for a simple way to enjoy the benefits of a healthy breakfast.
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- Fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of mixed berries (e.g. raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon of milled flax seed
- 10 whole almonds, chopped
- Place the berries, flax seed, almonds and quinoa in a bowl, and toss to combine.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fat free Greek yogurt on top to finish.