Overview of the Family Medicine Program
The Family Medicine Program at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s Medical Subspecialties Institute provides compassionate, Patients First care to the whole family. Unlike other physicians, who specialize in treating one particular organ or disease, family medicine physicians are uniquely trained to treat multiple members of the family and a wide range of conditions, caring for men and women of all ages.
Family Medicine Program physicians are dedicated to excellence in primary care, focusing on each patient in the context of his or her whole family. A continuous relationship between the patient and the physician makes it possible for them to work together to achieve the best possible results in the patient’s health.
What We Treat
The Family Medicine Program at the Medical Subspecialties Institute is involved in preventive medicine as well as patient care for a wide range of conditions. The team addresses:
- Preventative care: This includes chronic disease screening, immunizations, and advice on how to stay healthy through proper diet and exercise.
- Common ailments: Conditions treated include ear, nose, and throat conditions; skin conditions; and bone and joint ailments.
- Acute illnesses: Respiratory infections, chest pain, abdominal pain, and headaches are treated.
- Chronic conditions: Conditions like diabetes, asthma, and heart disease are treated.
- Mental health and behavioral issues: This includes conditions such as insomnia, anxiety, and depression.
Diagnosis & Treatment in Family Medicine
Family Medicine Program physicians are trained to provide comprehensive, Patients First healthcare to patients of all ages. Staff within the Family Medicine Program pay special attention to their patients' health within the context of family and the community.
In addition to diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses, physicians provide routine preventive health screenings and proactively counsel patients on lifestyle changes in order to help prevent illnesses from developing. If a health condition arises that requires care from another specialist, physicians guide patients and coordinate all aspects of their care.
Family Medicine Program Caregivers
The Family Medicine Program team is comprised of experienced, board-certified consultant physicians and specialist physicians who work closely with relevant clinical teams. Caregivers involved in patient care for this program are:
- Family medicine physicians
- Patient educators
VIEW ALL DOCTORS WHO CAN HELP WITH Family Medicine