- The study usually runs at 8:00 pm until 6:30 am the next day, unless additional tests are required.
- You are requested to proceed to Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s main hospital entrance and go to the House Supervisor Registration Desk, located on Level G, to register for check in.
- You are advised to take your prescribed medications at home. Strictly no medications should be taken once you are admitted to the hospital. Strictly no medications will be allowed at your bedside.
- Bring your Emirates ID and insurance card for the registration.
- Eat your regular evening meal before you arrive for your scheduled appointment.
- Please arrive on time to your scheduled sleep study. If you are diabetic or require a snack at bedtime, you may bring a snack with you.
- On the day of the study, please make sure that your hair is free of oil, creams, lotions, hair spray, gel, heavy conditioners and other products. Women must not wear makeup. Men must cleanly shave or neatly trim their moustache and/or beard.
- Women must remove nail polish or artificial nails.
- Avoid coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolate and alcohol on the day of the study.
- Avoid napping the day of the study.
- Bring comfortable sleep wear. Underwear, gym shorts, and/or a two- piece pajama with buttons in front is preferred, but not required. Shower facilities are provided.
- If you are using Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) Therapy (CPAP or Bi-Level machine), please bring your PAP mask and headgear.
- Notify us in advance if you have a disability that requires special assistance. You may be required to have a family member or competent Caregiver present during the study.
- No visitors are allowed after 10:00 pm.
- No mobile phone usage is allowed during the test.
- If you are being dropped off for the overnight study, you should be picked up at the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi main hospital entrance around 7:30 am the following day.
It is extremely important to keep your scheduled appointment. Please contact Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi at 800 8 CCAD (2223) if you need to cancel your appointment. To speak with a Sleep Technologist after hours (7 pm to 7 am), please call 800 8 CCAD (2223), extension 19064. For more information, please visit clevelandclinicabudhabi.ae.
© Copyright 2017 Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. All rights reserved.
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, part of Mubadala Healthcare, and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.