Couscous has a very impressive profile, filled with minerals and vitamins including selenium, thiamin, folic acid and manganese. It’s high calcium content helps prevent both heart disease and insomnia.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 400g couscous
- 250ml hot water
- 300g cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 150g snap peas, thinly sliced crosswise
- 25g fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Season the chicken with paprika, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown, approximately 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board.
- Place the couscous in a large bowl. Add 250ml hot water, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Add the tomatoes, snap peas, basil, lemon zest and juice, remaining oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper to couscous. Toss to combine.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the couscous.