Mushrooms provide all-round health benefits. They are rich with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and packed with fiber to help you feel fuller for longer.
Try this simple mushroom soup recipe for a satisfying and nutritious lunch or dinner.
- 600g fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 100g white onions, sliced
- 1L vegetable stock (salt free)
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100ml low fat (12%) cooking cream
- 100ml low far (1% fat) milk
- Pinch of salt and white pepper
- Slice the onions and mushrooms and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot, add the sliced onions and sauté on a low heat until soft and transparent
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for two minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, stir, bring to boiling point and simmer for five minutes.
- Stir in the cream and the milk, and continue simmering until reduced.
- Blend with a food processor until smooth, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a little low fat cream, dried mushroom flakes and micro herbs.