At Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, we continue to expand and deliver high-quality education and research programs, through our dedicated Education and Research Department. This allows us to support sustainable health services and enhance medical care in the UAE.
Key achievements and unique statistics:
- Eight residency programs including Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Urology and Transitional Year.
- Fundamentals of Clinical Research Course launched for Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s medical residents and interns. Over 600 academic outcomes.
- 173 active research studies.
- 73 studies approved by Research Ethics Committee.
- 170 caregiver investigators involved in research.
- 2022 Radiology residency program received regulatory endorsement.
- First Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi fellowship program accreditation site visit by the Arab Board (Cardiology) completed.
- The first Mubadala Higher Education Grant launched.
- More than 13 industry-sponsored research contracts executed in 2021.
- 75 Wateen Program graduate trainees in 2022 – identifying and fostering emerging UAE talent
CME at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi 2021 highlights:
- 613 CME courses
- Three medical conferences held with over 2,000 attendees (virtually)
- 5th Digestive Disease Institute Symposium.
- 4th Internal Medicine Update.
- 1st International Breast Cancer Symposium.
Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS) held across clinical institutes, including over 600 sessions throughout the year.